Watch this page for important Bike Week related announcements we receive on the fly, before and during Bike Week. We're reserving this area for important announcements, media releases and news that may or may not be connected to an event on our Events calendar, but is definitely worth sharing!
Take those bicycle inner tubes and tires you have been accumulating to a reputable, bicycle-friendly facility. This material is not permitted in household trash or recycling bins. For a limited time in support of Bike Week, Morris Rose Auto Parts will receive them M-F May 13-17; 8am-5pm at their store located at 2129 East Michigan Ave; Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
The following organizations will make helpful literature available during Bike Week on a first-come first-served basis while supplies last during normal business hours:
- JUST RIDE at Just Move (Indoor Cycling); 626 Romence Rd.; Suite 104; Portage MI 49024
- League of Michigan Bicyclists; 410 S. Cedar St.; Suite A; Lansing MI 48912
- Metro Transit Administration Office; 530 North Rose Street; Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Metro Transit Transportation Center; 459 North Burdick Street; Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Portage Department of Public Safety - Police Division; 7810 Shaver Rd.; Portage MI 49024
Kalamazoo Silent Observer has donated a (limited) number of emergency whistles, which will be made available on the same complimentary basis as the information mentioned above, here:
- Comstock Township Hall; 6138 King Highway; Kalamazoo, MI 49048
- Michigan Department of Transportation, Southwest Region Office; 1501 East Kilgore Rd; Kalamazoo, MI 49001
- Oshtemo Township Hall; 7275 West Main Street; Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Texas Township Hall; 7110 W Q Avenue; Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Did you know that Kalamazoo Silent Observer has a special reward fund for reporting serious crimes against bicyclists? For more information see here.
Thanks to our friends and supporters at Artwear Graphics Apparel and A-1 Printing, some really cool Bike Week 2019 posters are now available. Due to frugal budgets, the “limited edition” print version will be distributed to Bike Week Event Organizers for display around town at bike-friendly locations on a priority basis.
If you have an idea for putting one of these nifty posters on public display, please let us know at email@example.com. Supplies are limited -- come on down while the getting’s good!
!Thanks for visiting our website. You're using a very old browser and it's preventing this website from displaying correctly. To view this website, please upgrade your browser.